A lot of people think that peas, among legumes, are signs of recession. These little things, during the better times, of course, are among the ingredients that a lot of children push to the side of their plates. Yes, people commonly show no regard to peas, since they are among the greens called poor man’s meat. But little do they know that peas, albeit little, are packed with a lot of good stuff. Here are some of the reasons why your mom is right when she said you should eat your peas.
Great for Losing Weight
- Realfoodforlife.com says that peas contain low fat, “but high everything else”. That means that if you eat a cup of peas for dinner, you gain less than a hundred calories, but you get a great dose of fiber, protein, and micronutrients that your body needs.
- Peas are rich in fiber, and that means it helps you maintain a healthy bowel movement, making you feel and look less bloated, which is definitely important if you want to look good in your clothes.
Great for your Heart
- Peas are rich in niacin, which helps the body retain less bad cholesterol. It is also packed with a lot of antioxidants and the vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B6. Along with folate, they greatly reduce the risk of acquiring cardiovascular disease.
Great for Blood Sugar Regulation
- Those who have diabetes should definitely include peas in their diet. Compounds found in peas prove that they can help prevent insulin resistance. At the same time, the sugars that you get from peas will not make you worry about the harmful effect of white sugar to your bloodstream.
Great for the Bones
- A cup of peas will provide you 44% of your daily vitamin K needs, which would aid calcium absorption.
Now that you know what you can get from peas, go ahead and finish them when you find them served on your plate.
http://news.google.comFri, 14 Jun 2013 23:00:16 GMT
Last year I discovered some frozen prepared artichoke bottoms in my local Middle Eastern supermarket. I must say they are a great product and seem unaffected by the freezing process.
http://news.google.comFri, 14 Jun 2013 08:54:39 GMT
Add the peas and half a tin of water. Stir well and add a little splash of oil. Cover and leave to simmer over a low heat for another 20 minutes.
http://news.google.comFri, 14 Jun 2013 08:54:46 GMT
Add the pasta and peas (they should take the same amount of time to cook) to the water and cook until the pasta is just cooked. Drain, reserving a little pasta water.
As usual, feel free to email this link to your friends and family or share it on your blogs, forums, or Facebook pages to help your friends and your family.
Discover the TOP 101 foods that can kill stomach fat, BOOST your metabolism & FIGHT AGING by clicking here.
If you’re interested to learn how to burn your belly fat, then you can discover this single realization to quickly get a FLAT BELLY.
“A healthy body, for a beautiful lifestyle!”
As Little As 21-days With These 3 Proven Fat-Burning Formula
Leave your email address and I will tell you the formula instantly!
Combine These 3 Formulas, Drop a Size Fast… (c) BurnFatFormula.com