Pecans are loved because of their rich, buttery taste. Its name comes from the Algonquin language, which literally means “requiring a stone to crack.” But did you know that pecans are technically not nuts? Yes, these hard-shelled things are drupes in essence. But due to the rich taste that they leave in one’s mouth, they are being grouped together with nuts. And like nuts, pecans in one’s diet lend a plethora of health benefits. Here are some of them.
For a Beautiful Body
- According to NutritionAndYou.com, pecans are great sources of energy, since it can give 690 calories in a heaping of 100 g.
- Pecans are robust sources of vitamin E and vitamin B-complex. Not only do these compounds help in enzyme metabolism, they also help making the body feel and look young by promoting healthy skin by preventing this organ from oxygen-free radicals.
For Stronger Mind
- Ilovepecans.org published that there are certain studies that prove that there is evidence that certain properties of pecans play an important role in the protection of the nervous system. Pecans, when incorporated in daily diet, may also delay age-related diseases like ALS.
- Because pecans contain antioxidants that may help prevent cell damage, eating them prevents diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, according to tests administered.
- Pecans have plant sterols, which are known to lower cholesterol. At the same time, studies suggest that pecans are among foods that when added in a healthy diet that has low cholesterol and saturated fat, plays an important role in heart disease prevention.
- Most of the fats found in pecans are monosaturated and polyunsaturated fats. At the same time, this drupe contains no trans fat.
These drupes have a lot of other health benefits that contribute to a younger body free from illness. For those who want to maintain their youthfulness, you may want to consider adding pecans to your diet.
Learn how to make a Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe!
Recipe here demonstrates how to make Pecan Pie
http://news.google.com<Wed, 12 Jun 2013 17:04:22 GMT
In Mexico, pecans are used in mole sauces, pies and cookies such as the classic Mexican wedding cakes, the powdered sugar-dusted melt-away shortbreads that have cousins in many cuisines.
http://news.google.com<Tue, 28 May 2013 16:18:53 GMT
As usual, feel free to email this link to your friends and family or share it on your blogs, forums, or Facebook pages to help your friends and your family.
Discover the TOP 101 foods that can kill stomach fat, BOOST your metabolism & FIGHT AGING by clicking here.
If you’re interested to learn how to burn your belly fat, then you can discover this single realization to quickly get a FLAT BELLY.
“A healthy body, for a beautiful lifestyle!”
As Little As 21-days With These 3 Proven Fat-Burning Formula
Leave your email address and I will tell you the formula instantly!
Combine These 3 Formulas, Drop a Size Fast… (c) BurnFatFormula.com