Peanuts are part of the legume family and along with peas and beans. This area of the plant kingdom is known to be among the best providers of protein. Peanuts are available in a variety of food products, and buying such products will give you a number of health benefits. Here are some of them.
Lowers Risk of Heart Disease
- Peanuts have become popular for the antioxidants and monounsaturated fats it provides, which helps prevent heart disease.
- Including these good-for-the-heart ingredients to your diet a minimum of four times a week greatly improves the chance that you will not have any cardiovascular or coronary heart disease.
Protects Against Cognitive and Memory Decline
- Peanuts are rich in Vitamin B2, and people who include these nuts in their daily diet are found to be less prone to developing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Peanuts are among the popular “brain foods” because it is rich in niacin, which makes the brain function normally and even boost memory.
Protects Against Cancer
- Beta-sitoserol (SIT) is a form of phytoserol found in legumes. These compounds are known to inhibit tumor growth, which in turn prevents cancer development. In addition, phytosterols are also popular for protecting the body against cardiovascular disease.
Helps Reduce Weight Gain
- Peanuts are known to be among the healthiest snack alternatives. They are known as an excellent source of antioxidants and good cholesterol. They are energy-dense, and as long as you keep tabs on the portions, they will provide you the energy that you need, compared to eating chips.
- Certain studies point out that those who eat peanuts at least twice a week are less prone to weight gain. At the same time, those who eat peanuts daily for snacks show no signs of weight gain.
For those who are looking forward to replacing those junk foods that make up your afternoon snack, peanuts will definitely be a great substitute.
Other Related Articles & Videos:
http://news.google.com<Tue, 04 Jun 2013 20:05:06 GMT
Eat to Lose Weight. Keep a stash around for a quick snack (aim for 1 ounce or about two tablespoons daily), return to your childhood days with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or make pad Thai with ground peanuts for a delicious …
http://news.google.com<Thu, 06 Jun 2013 11:34:44 GMT
5 low-fat foods that are making you fat. You already know peanuts are little fat repositories, but this is mostly good fat: Polyunsaturated fatty acids increase protein concentration and the size of muscle cells, adding to your lean muscle …
Watch more Sauces, Dressings, & Condiments videos:
http://news.google.com<Wed, 05 Jun 2013 20:51:36 GMT
Get More Energy: Avoid These 5 Energy-Draining Foods. Foods with little iron include chicken, broccoli, pork and peanut butter. The best sources of iron tend to be red meats, legumes and some vegetables (spinach and green beans).
As usual, feel free to email this link to your friends and family or share it on your blogs, forums, or Facebook pages to help your friends and your family.
Discover the TOP 101 foods that can kill stomach fat, BOOST your metabolism & fight aging by clicking here.
If you’re interested to learn how to burn your belly fat, then you can discover this single realization to quickly get a FLAT BELLY.
“A healthy body, for a beautiful lifestyle!”
As Little As 21-days With These 3 Proven Fat-Burning Formula
Leave your email address and I will tell you the formula instantly!
Combine These 3 Formulas, Drop a Size Fast… (c) BurnFatFormula.com