Early civilizations have long thought highly of the walnut. The Romans call this nut Jupiter’s Royal Acorn. This nut, which had a long history as a popular royal food, is also packed with a large range of health benefits. For those who are planning to eat walnuts as part of their afternoon snack or breakfast, here are a few of the many health benefits you can gain.
For Healthy Heart
- According to an article by HealthCastle.com, studies show that having walnuts in a daily healthy diet diminishes the risk of getting heart disease by increasing plaque accumulation and elasticity of the blood vessels.
- Walnuts aid in lowering bad cholesterol and C-Reactive Protein, which are known culprits in getting cardiovascular disease.
For Lowered Dangers of Diabetes
- Good news for people that suffer from type 2 diabetes – 2 ounces of walnuts a day will improve your blood circulation.
- Studies also show that walnuts in the daily diet of type 2 diabetes will greatly lower LDL cholesterol in the body, which is as much as 10%.
For Cancer Prevention
- Walnuts are among the top providers of alpha-linolenic acid, or ALA, which is known as the omega-3 fatty acid found in plants, according to Walnuts.org. These fatty acids are required by the body, and among the compounds that help the body fight cancer.
- Because walnuts are rich in omega-3, people who incorporate these nuts in a healthy diet are less prone to breast cancer.
For Fat Burning
- Walnuts contain poly-unsaturated fats.
- Eating nuts does not result in the high caloric intake.
Indeed, walnuts have come a long way in the history of food, and it is not a wonder why our ancestors have much reverence in these nuts. Given all the good that these nuts can provide to the human body, walnuts do deserve the praise given to it – the nut that promotes fertility, good health, and longevity.
Other Related Articles:
http://news.google.comMon, 03 Jun 2013 14:05:20 GMT
San Francisco Chronicle (press release)Participant in Loma Linda University Walnut and Aging Study Gains Insights on …San Francisco Chronicle (press release)With every one-ounce bag of walnut that he consumes each day, Philip McCririe is helping un …
http://news.google.comWed, 15 May 2013 15:43:51 GMT
Western Farm PressWalnuts jam-packed with health benefitsWestern Farm PressSee nutrition information for fat content.”2. • In 2011, the American Heart Association certified walnuts as a heart-healthy food with its Heart-Check mark, … Joan Sabate, M …
As usual, feel free to email this link to your friends and family or share it on your blogs, forums, or Facebook pages to help your friends and your family.
If you’re interested to learn how to burn your belly fat, then you can discover this single realization to quickly getting a FLAT BELLY.
“A healthy body, for a beautiful lifestyle!”
As Little As 21-days With These 3 Proven Fat-Burning Formula
Leave your email address and I will tell you the formula instantly!
Combine These 3 Formulas, Drop a Size Fast… (c) BurnFatFormula.com